Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Clubhouse Rules

 Being the only girl in a household of boys is apparently SUPER rough on Kami. Today when I was putting things away in the kid's rooms I found this piece of paper on the floor of Kami's room: 


A few of my favorite highlights from the picture:
1. "No boys allowed except Max, Dad, and Mom." ... yep I've apparently switched genders.
2. The boys faces with x's through them
3. The fact that she labeled the trash under their beds
4. Her very accurate depiction of the exact items I just picked up off the boy's floor.
5. The fact that her room (aka her bed for her American Girl doll) looks neat and orderly. I guarantee you in real life it does not.
6. And finally, the fact that her list of friends that can gain admittance into her room turns into a list of her favorite tv shows. (I'm assuming her reasoning is that just in case they ever stop by, she wanted to make sure they were on the bouncer's list.)



Now, what made this gem of a diagram/keep out sign even more hilarious is the fact that just last night Cooper approached me with a paper where he had written "boys room!" and then drawn a picture of a girl with an x through her face.

"Mom, do you know what this says?"
"Boy's room, no girls allowed."
He nodded in satisfaction and went down to bed.

Since Kami's favorite sentence is "No boys allowed in my room", I figured his sign was his form of retaliation. 

So naturally, when I found her detailed drawing I immediately went looking for his from last night (you know, so I could blog them together)
I found it ripped in two on top of his dresser. (not exactly clear on who ripped it) As you can see he's added a bit since I saw it last.



I will do my best to interpret:
"her came in why ... something something.... if Kami is a Landon? Cooper Land is allowed and daddy and momma"

As you can see, my translation skills are still top notch. I'll ask him for the true translation when he gets home.

(Click on images to see them larger)

I just got the interpretation from Cooper. His sign is supposed to read:
"Daddy and Momma are allowed. Cooper and Landon are allowed. Kami is allowed if we let her come in."
Apparently my mistake came in reading the sign from top to bottom when it was clearly meant to be read from bottom to top. 

1 comment:

  1. I will have to ask them if Grandma and Grandpa are allowed in their rooms. Pretty funny though. A funny day all together.

    ReplyDelete