Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Landon's Baby Talk

Today Max kept knocking down my piles of folded clothes. I growled at him and said his name in my best whiny voice. Landon shook his head and muttered under his breath 
"This is why you shouldn't have had a baby named Max..." 


About a month or so ago (also on a laundry day) I was failing at attempting to fold the laundry. Landon took one look at me and said 

"Mom, this is making you get sicker. I think you need to go lay down and take a nap. I'll take care of this job for you." 
He picked up his first shirt and then set it down 
"Ack-a-lee (actually) my just let Dad do this job for you." 

- He's so sweet. Always has OUR best interests at heart.



Also back in December Landon and I were having a conversation about what a good baby Max was. 
"Do you think this next baby is going to be a good baby too?" I asked.

"Yeah... my hope it's a girl baby so Max can have a girlfriend.
And then when they get bigger they can get married.
But if it's a brother than they can't get married. 
'Cuz boys can't marry brothers."

"Yep, that's where we draw the line." I said



This morning we were talking about the different names we could name our baby if it was a girl or a boy. He would ask me my opinion and then promptly shoot down every name I came up with with a 
"Bleck! No! I don't like that name! That's not a good name!"
So I asked him for his opinion. 
He wasn't sure about a girl name, BUT if we have a boy 

"We should name him Batman cuz then he can fly!"

"Really," I asked "Do you think if we name him Batman then he'll be able to fly?"

"Hmm... Ack-a-lee my think only the real Batman can fly. He won't be able to fly because he'll be a baby. 
And baby Batmans don't fly... that's silly!"



While I was doing chores this afternoon Landon said 

"Mom my think you are getting way too fat for your shirts?" "Yeah, my can see your belly all the way from over here!" 

That was a fun observation. 
It was even more flattering when he composed his sentiments into song: 

"You're getting fat-ter, fat-ter,  fat-ter. You're so fat, fat, fat. Yeah, your fat. Oh your fat-ter, fat-ter, fat-ter...." 

- It's going to be a chart topper.

(Extra fun tidbit: Just this morning Cooper looked at me and said "Hey, your tummy's getting really fat. That means you're almost going to have the baby!" I just shook my head and said "Oh no son, my belly's going to get a lot bigger than this." He looked at me as if that was impossible. Yeah... I'm 16 weeks. If I'm fat now, heaven only knows what I'll be 5 months from now.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating again. You wouldn't want to forget those cute sayings. Love those kids.

    ReplyDelete